craft beerLuke's - Seafood: Hiroo
The popular New York-based lobster shop is known for their Maine lobster, crabmeat and shrimp sandwiches. As a bonus, this branch serves around ten US craft beers in cans and bottles. Beers like Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA and New Belgium Fat Tire...
craft beerHitachino Brewing Lab - Beer bar: Yaesu
This second Tokyo branch of Kiuchi Brewery's sort-of-brewpub offers ten taps of Hitachino Nest beer, including a few unusual seasonal brews that are hard to find elsewhere. Regular draft beers are all priced at Y680, and they also have some...
craft beerIbrew - Beer bar: Kyobashi
Good craft beers at very reasonable prices - that's the chief selling point for this cozy, unpretentious beer bar. Ten Japanese craft brews are served on tap, all priced at just Y690 for a large size (410 ml) and Y390 for a regular size (Y230 ml). ...
craft beerBrew La La - Beer bar: Shimbashi
With room for around fifty customers, Brew La La is quite a bit more spacious than most Tokyo beer bars, and the friendly multilingual staff help make this a relaxing place to hang out. There's even room for a shuffleboard table - the first one...
craft beerFar Yeast Tokyo - Beer bar: Omotesando
This smallish bar is run by Tokyo's Far Yeast Brewing Company and serves up to a dozen of their own brews, including seasonal and limited-edition labels. Most beers are priced at Y600 and Y900 for small and large sizes, while extra-fancy beers are...
brewpubNihonbashi Brewery - Brewpub: Bakurocho
This brewpub is run by a veteran of HUB (Hopworks Urban Brewery) in Portland, Oregon, and the thirteen taps here carry HUB beers and other imports, domestic Japanese craft beers from producers like Kyoto Brewing, and one or two of their own house...
- Good food with your craft beer
- Outdoor, terrace and open-air seating
- Budget beer picks and standing bars
- US craft beers and strong IPA lists
- Late-night beer bars
- Nice decor, atmosphere or concept
- Craft beer picks
- Belgian beer picks
- British, German and other international picks
- Bars run by breweries
Browse venues by location
- Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando
- Shinjuku area, Yoyogi, Yotsuya
- Ikebukuro area, Mejiro, Takadanobaba, Otsuka, Kita-ku
- Ebisu area and south: Hiroo, Naka-Meguro, Meguro, Gotanda
- Akasaka, Roppongi, Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Azabu-Juban
- Kagurazaka, Kanda, Iidabashi, Suidobashi, Jimbocho, Awajicho, Akihabara, Mitsukoshimae, Kodenmacho
- Asakusa and north: Skytree, Adachi-ku
- Tokyo station: Otemachi, Marunouchi, Kyobashi, Yaesu, Nihonbashi, Kayabacho
- Ginza, Shimbashi, Hibiya, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome
- Hamamatsucho and bayside: Mita, Shinagawa, Toyosu, Tennozu Isle, Ota-ku
- West of Shinjuku: Sobu line, Setagaya-ku and west
- Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Chiba-ken, Saitama-ken, Kofu
Sept 29 - Oct 9 (weekdays 4-10pm, weekends 11am-10pm; last order 9:30)
Odaiba Oktoberfest Fall 2017
One of Tokyo's several multi-day Oktoberfest events, this very popular outdoor event offers German food, beer and music. While there are many imports, beers from local Yamanashi brewery Fujizakura are probably the best value for money.
Cymbal Promenade Park Central Square
Price: Free admission, pay as you go
October 25-29 (Wed 3-10pm; Thu-Sun noon-10pm)
Oedo Beer Matsuri 2017 Autumn
Tokyo's newest major beer festival is holding their third installment of this year, in yet another new location. As usual there will be more than two dozen Japanese craft breweries represented, along with many imports from the US, UK and Europe. There will also be a good selection of booths selling food.
Free admission, pay as you go.
November 18-19 (1-7pm)
American Craft Beer Experience
Run by the Brewers Association in the US, this small festival is a good chance to sample some American craft beers that aren't yet available in Japan, as well as exploring the best of what's on the market already. There will be booths serving barbecue and other American-style food.
Takeshiba New Pier Hall. Use the front entrance (not on the waterfront) to access the venue.
Free admission, pay as you go.