craft beerIsekadoya Beer - Japanese regional: Yaesu
Run by the excellent Isekadoya craft-beer brewery, this lively izakaya serves thirteen of the brewery's beers on tap along with several kinds of sake from Mie Prefecture. The kitchen turns out regional Mie cuisine built around local ingredients -...
RetailHiranoya - Liquor shop: Shibuya
Although Hiranoya was once a simple retail bottle shop with a standing-bar corner, over the years they have transformed into a full-fledged specialty beer bar, albeit a rather tiny one. The main focus is on classic Belgian beers, with a huge...
beerHaburashi Beer and Potato - Scandinavian: Shibuya
Scandinavian-themed craft-beer bars seem to be popping up all over Shibuya, but unlike the other bars, the cozy Haburashi (Toothbrush) also provides a menu of Nordic-inspired dishes like grilled salmon, smoked trout salad, roast beef, and Norwegian...
craft beerTap and Growler - Beer bar: Shimo-Kitazawa
Craft beer to go is the selling point at this tiny neighborhood bar. They've got eighteen taps dispensing a nicely varied selection of Japanese craft beers, including some rarities, and you can either enjoy a half-pint here or fill a growler to...
RetailPlatinum Fish - Beer bar: Kawasaki
The twelve taps at this compact train-station bar dispense beers from Japanese craft breweries like Aqla, Isekadoya and the very local TK Brewing, located just a ten-minute walk from here. (You might have to ask about the TK beer - when we visited...
germanSchmatz - German: Kanda
Hearty German food and a roster of reaonably priced German-style draft beers are the draw at this popular German chain restaurant. The eight beers on tap are priced at Y650 and Y950 for small and large sizes, and include five of Schmatz's original...
- Good food with your craft beer
- Outdoor, terrace and open-air seating
- Budget beer picks and standing bars
- US craft beers and strong IPA lists
- Late-night beer bars
- Nice decor, atmosphere or concept
- Craft beer picks
- Belgian beer picks
- German beers
- British, European and other international picks
- Bars run by breweries
Browse venues by location
- Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando
- Shinjuku area, Yoyogi
- Ikebukuro area, Mejiro, Takadanobaba, Otsuka, Kita-ku
- Ebisu area and south: Hiroo, Naka-Meguro, Meguro, Gotanda
- Akasaka, Roppongi, Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Azabu-Juban
- Yotsuya, Jimbocho, Ichigaya, Kagurazaka, Iidabashi
- Kanda, Mitsukoshimae, Awajicho, Akihabara, Bakurocho
- Asakusa, Ueno, Hongo, Skytree and Sumida-ku, Koto-ku, Adachi-ku
- Tokyo station: Otemachi, Marunouchi, Kyobashi, Yaesu, Nihonbashi, Kayabacho
- Ginza, Shimbashi, Hibiya, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome
- Bayside and Hamamatsucho: Mita, Shinagawa, Toyosu, Tennozu Isle
- West of Shinjuku: Sobu line, Setagaya-ku and west
- Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Chiba-ken, Saitama-ken, Kofu
September 5-9 (Wed 4-9:30pm; Thu-Sat 11am-9:30pm; Sun 11am-7pm)
Keiyaki Beer Festival Autumn 2018
This major beer festival generally features well over fifty breweries and plenty of food stalls, and attracts huge crowds. It's one of the best festivals in the Tokyo area, and is highly recommended.
Price: Free admission, pay as you go
BeerFes Yokohama 2018
One of Japan's longest-running craft-beer festivals, BeerFes gives you the chance to try over 100 kinds of beer for a single admission price.
Ticket price TBA