craft beerNihonbashi Brewery T.S. - Beer bar: Yaesu
The second branch of the Bakurocho-based bar-brewpub serves beers from Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) in Portland, Oregon, plus guest beers, at least one cider, and one or two of their own house beers. There are thirteen taps in all, and beers come...
craft beerFesta - Beer bar: Shimo-Kitazawa
This lively neighborhood bar offers a decent selection of craft beers - both Japanese and imported - from their dozen taps. One unusual feature is that they serve a number of Belgian and other European beers in addition to the usual American and...
craft beerBeer Boy - Izakaya: Kichijoji
Beer Boy is the first craft-beer izakaya from the popular Craft Beer Market chain. The beer list is focused on "rare and extreme" craft beers, mostly from Japan but with a few US brews as well. The food menu is a mix of izakaya standards - grilled...
RetailLe Petit l'Ouest - Liquor shop: Shimo-Kitazawa
This Star Wars-themed neighborhood liquor shop stocks a wide selection of over 100 Japanese craft beers, one of the better selections in town. It helps to know what you're looking for though, as there are plenty of clunkers as well as hidden gems.
craft beerGreen Bashamichi - Grill: Yokohama Bashamichi
Charcoal Grill Green Bashamichi serves up a very appealing menu of grilled meats and seafood along with creative starters, California wines and a handful of local craft beers. The setup is casual bistro-style, with a comfortable eight-seat counter...
RetailJolly's - Liquor shop: Ebisu
Billing themselves as a liquor store and sound studio, Jolly's has been selling booze here in Ebisu since the 1920s. Nowadays they stock a decent selection of mostly US craft beers in cans and bottles - maybe forty in all, starting at around Y500...
- Good food with your craft beer
- Outdoor, terrace and open-air seating
- Budget beer picks and standing bars
- US craft beers and strong IPA lists
- Late-night beer bars
- Nice decor, atmosphere or concept
- Craft beer picks
- Belgian beer picks
- German beers
- British, European and other international picks
- Bars run by breweries
Browse venues by location
- Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando
- Shinjuku area, Yoyogi, Yotsuya
- Ikebukuro area, Mejiro, Takadanobaba, Otsuka, Kita-ku
- Ebisu area and south: Hiroo, Naka-Meguro, Meguro, Gotanda
- Akasaka, Roppongi, Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Azabu-Juban
- Kagurazaka, Kanda, Iidabashi, Suidobashi, Jimbocho, Hongo, Awajicho, Akihabara, Mitsukoshimae, Kodenmacho
- Asakusa and north: Ueno, Skytree, Adachi-ku
- Tokyo station: Otemachi, Marunouchi, Kyobashi, Yaesu, Nihonbashi, Kayabacho
- Ginza, Shimbashi, Hibiya, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome
- Hamamatsucho and bayside: Mita, Shinagawa, Toyosu, Tennozu Isle, Ota-ku
- West of Shinjuku: Sobu line, Setagaya-ku and west
- Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Chiba-ken, Saitama-ken, Kofu
January 26-28 (Fri 4-10pm; Sat 11am-9pm; Sun 11am-7pm)
Japan Brewers Cup Festival 2018
Try 300 different beers, mostly priced from Y300 per cup (although the average price is Y500). Thirty craft breweries, five craft beer importers and five food vendors will be taking part.
Price: Y500 admission, and pay as you go for beer