RetailHiranoya - Liquor shop: Shibuya
Although Hiranoya was once a simple retail bottle shop with a standing-bar corner, over the years they have transformed into a full-fledged specialty beer bar, albeit a rather tiny one. The main focus is on classic Belgian beers, with a huge...
beerHaburashi Beer and Potato - Scandinavian: Shibuya
Scandinavian-themed craft-beer bars seem to be popping up all over Shibuya, but unlike the other bars, the cozy Haburashi (Toothbrush) also provides a menu of Nordic-inspired dishes like grilled salmon, smoked trout salad, roast beef, and Norwegian...
craft beerTap and Growler - Beer bar: Shimo-Kitazawa
Craft beer to go is the selling point at this tiny neighborhood bar. They've got eighteen taps dispensing a nicely varied selection of Japanese craft beers, including some rarities, and you can either enjoy a half-pint here or fill a growler to...
RetailPlatinum Fish - Beer bar: Kawasaki
The twelve taps at this compact train-station bar dispense beers from Japanese craft breweries like Aqla, Isekadoya and the very local TK Brewing, located just a ten-minute walk from here. (You might have to ask about the TK beer - when we visited...
germanSchmatz - German: Kanda
Hearty German food and a roster of reaonably priced German-style draft beers are the draw at this popular German chain restaurant. The eight beers on tap are priced at Y650 and Y950 for small and large sizes, and include five of Schmatz's original...
craft beerBakushuan - Izakaya: Mitsukoshimae
Izakayas with great selections of both sake and craft beer aren't all that common in Tokyo, so Bakushuan is worth knowing about for that reason alone. But even without drinks, the excellent food stands on its own merits. It's a more delicate,...
- Good food with your craft beer
- Outdoor, terrace and open-air seating
- Budget beer picks and standing bars
- US craft beers and strong IPA lists
- Late-night beer bars
- Nice decor, atmosphere or concept
- Craft beer picks
- Belgian beer picks
- German beers
- British, European and other international picks
- Bars run by breweries
Browse venues by location
- Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando
- Shinjuku area, Yoyogi
- Ikebukuro area, Mejiro, Takadanobaba, Otsuka, Kita-ku
- Ebisu area and south: Hiroo, Naka-Meguro, Meguro, Gotanda
- Akasaka, Roppongi, Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Azabu-Juban
- Yotsuya, Jimbocho, Ichigaya, Kagurazaka, Iidabashi
- Kanda, Mitsukoshimae, Awajicho, Akihabara, Bakurocho
- Asakusa, Ueno, Hongo, Skytree and Sumida-ku, Koto-ku, Adachi-ku
- Tokyo station: Otemachi, Marunouchi, Kyobashi, Yaesu, Nihonbashi, Kayabacho
- Ginza, Shimbashi, Hibiya, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome
- Bayside and Hamamatsucho: Mita, Shinagawa, Toyosu, Tennozu Isle
- West of Shinjuku: Sobu line, Setagaya-ku and west
- Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Chiba-ken, Saitama-ken, Kofu
July 13-22 (weekdays 4-10pm, weekends 11am-10pm; last order 9:30)
Hibiya Oktoberfest 2018
One of Tokyo's several multi-day Oktoberfest events, this very popular outdoor event offers German food, beer and music. While there are many imports, beers from local Yamanashi brewery Fujizakura are probably the best value for money.
Hibiya Park Central Fountain
Price: Free admission, pay as you go
August 9-12 (Thu 2-10pm; Fri-Sat 11am-10pm; Sun 11am-9pm)
Belgian Beer Weekend 2018 Hibiya Park
Japan's biggest Belgian beer festival has expanded to a second Tokyo location this year, gathering at Hibiya Park. Over fifty Belgian breweries take part each year, and 12.7 tons of Belgian fries are consumed at this very festive multi-city event.
Hibiya Park Central Fountain
Price: Y2900 for a "starter set" ticket book for beer and food.