craft beerBeer Boy - Izakaya: Kichijoji
Beer Boy is the first craft-beer izakaya from the popular Craft Beer Market chain. The beer list is focused on "rare and extreme" craft beers, mostly from Japan but with a few US brews as well. The food menu is a mix of izakaya standards - grilled...
RetailLe Petit l'Ouest - Liquor shop: Shimo-Kitazawa
This Star Wars-themed neighborhood liquor shop stocks a wide selection of over 100 Japanese craft beers, one of the better selections in town. It helps to know what you're looking for though, as there are plenty of clunkers as well as hidden gems.
craft beerGreen Bashamichi - Grill: Yokohama Bashamichi
Charcoal Grill Green Bashamichi serves up a very appealing menu of grilled meats and seafood along with creative starters, California wines and a handful of local craft beers. The setup is casual bistro-style, with a comfortable eight-seat counter...
RetailJolly's - Liquor shop: Ebisu
Billing themselves as a liquor store and sound studio, Jolly's has been selling booze here in Ebisu since the 1920s. Nowadays they stock a decent selection of mostly US craft beers in cans and bottles - maybe forty in all, starting at around Y500...
craft beerTap Stand - Beer bar: Shinjuku
Creative pizzas and a good selection of US craft beers are the major draws at this very busy beer bar, along with a convenient location just a few minutes from Shinjuku station. The bar has twenty taps in all, with half devoted to well-chosen...
craft beerSakura Taps - Beer bar: Yokohama Sakuragicho
This casual after-work drinking spot dispenses a rotating selection of eight Japanese craft beers on tap, with the occasional import for variety. While there are a handful of tables, most of the crowd here seems to prefer to stand at the bar while...
- Good food with your craft beer
- Outdoor, terrace and open-air seating
- Budget beer picks and standing bars
- US craft beers and strong IPA lists
- Late-night beer bars
- Nice decor, atmosphere or concept
- Craft beer picks
- Belgian beer picks
- British, German and other international picks
- Bars run by breweries
Browse venues by location
- Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando
- Shinjuku area, Yoyogi, Yotsuya
- Ikebukuro area, Mejiro, Takadanobaba, Otsuka, Kita-ku
- Ebisu area and south: Hiroo, Naka-Meguro, Meguro, Gotanda
- Akasaka, Roppongi, Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Azabu-Juban
- Kagurazaka, Kanda, Iidabashi, Suidobashi, Jimbocho, Awajicho, Akihabara, Mitsukoshimae, Kodenmacho
- Asakusa and north: Skytree, Adachi-ku
- Tokyo station: Otemachi, Marunouchi, Kyobashi, Yaesu, Nihonbashi, Kayabacho
- Ginza, Shimbashi, Hibiya, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome
- Hamamatsucho and bayside: Mita, Shinagawa, Toyosu, Tennozu Isle, Ota-ku
- West of Shinjuku: Sobu line, Setagaya-ku and west
- Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Chiba-ken, Saitama-ken, Kofu
Tokyo Suidobashi, Tokyo Dome
January 12-21 (Jan 12-20 10am-9pm; Jan 21: 10am-6pm)
Furusato Matsuri Tokyo 2018
Celebrating the food culture of local regions around Japan, this weeklong "hometown festival" has been adding more and more locally produced craft beers in recent years to complement the hundreds of food stalls. This year there will be more than 100 craft beers to accompany the local delicacies. Weekends are jam-packed, but the throngs are manageable on weekdays and weeknights. Note that evening tickets, good for admission after 6pm, are Y500 cheaper than daytime tickets.
Tokyo Dome, Koraku 1-3-61 (Suidobashi, Korakuen, Kasuga stations)
Y1700 admission for same-day tickets, Y1200 for evenings (after 6pm), with discounts for advance purchase
January 26-28 (Fri 4-10pm; Sat 11am-9pm; Sun 11am-7pm)
Japan Brewers Cup Festival 2018
Try 300 different beers, mostly priced from Y300 per cup (although the average price is Y500). Thirty craft breweries, five craft beer importers and five food vendors will be taking part.
Price: Y500 admission, and pay as you go for beer