craft beerKazenori Meri - Beer bar: Shimo-Kitazawa
The well-chosen selection of twenty craft beers here is accompanied by a very nice food menu, with enticing dishes like stewed pork belly and chicken wings, herb-infused fish and chips, and potato salad with chicken breast and avocado. There are...
craft beerUshitora One - Beer bar: Shimo-Kitazawa
One of Tokyo's pioneering craft-beer bars, Ushitora devotes several taps to their own beers, brewed in Tochigi, along with a good selection of Japanese and imported craft beers - there are 25 taps in all. The small food menu offers tasty...
beerThrash Zone Meatballs - Beer bar: Yokohama Nihon-Odori
Thrash Zone is one of Japan's better craft-beer brewers, specializing in strong, hoppy IPAs and other "extreme beers." This second branch of the Thrash Zone bar (open since mid-April 2016) serves a line-up of their own creations, plus an equal...
world beerRokugo (65) - Beer bar: Kanda
Handy to know about if you've missed your last train (or you just want another drink before heading home), Rokugo is open until 7am every night but Sunday. They stock 200 kinds of bottled beer, 100 wines by the bottle and 20 kinds of cheese, so...
beerIR Second House - Grill: Shirokanedai
This casual neighborhood dining spot serves up excellent food in a gorgeous setting, and offers a nice rotating selection of US craft beers on tap, along with several wines priced at Y4000 per bottle. In addition to table seating, there's an...
RetailAntenna America - Beer bar: Shinagawa
Located inside a bustling shopping-mall food court, this is one of the noisiest craft beer bars we've been to. The bar is run by a beer importer, and their six taps dispense accessible craft beers from breweries like Saint Archer and Sierra Nevada,...
- US craft beers and strong IPA lists
- Good food with your craft beer
- Budget beer picks and standing bars
- Late-night beer bars
- Nice decor, atmosphere or concept
- Craft beer picks
- Belgian beer picks
- British, German and other international picks
- Bars run by breweries
Browse venues by location
- Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando
- Shinjuku area, Yoyogi, Yotsuya
- Ikebukuro area, Mejiro, Takadanobaba, Otsuka, Kita-ku
- Ebisu area and south: Hiroo, Naka-Meguro, Meguro, Gotanda
- Akasaka, Roppongi, Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Azabu-Juban
- Kagurazaka, Kanda, Iidabashi, Suidobashi, Jimbocho, Awajicho, Akihabara, Mitsukoshimae, Kodenmacho
- Asakusa and north: Skytree, Adachi-ku
- Tokyo station: Otemachi, Marunouchi, Kyobashi, Yaesu, Nihonbashi, Kayabacho
- Ginza, Shimbashi, Hibiya, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome
- Hamamatsucho and bayside: Mita, Shinagawa, Toyosu, Tennozu Isle, Ota-ku
- West of Shinjuku: Sobu line, Setagaya-ku and west
- Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Chiba-ken, Saitama-ken, Kofu
January 27-29 (Fri 5-10pm; Sat 11am-9pm; Sun 11am-7pm)
Japan Brewers Cup Festival 2017
Try 213 different beers, mostly priced from Y300 per cup (although the average price is Y500). Thirty craft breweries, five craft beer importers and four food vendors will be taking part.
Price: Y500 admission, and pay as you go for beer