craft beerGreen Bashamichi - Grill: Yokohama Bashamichi
Charcoal Grill Green Bashamichi serves up a very appealing menu of grilled meats and seafood along with creative starters, California wines and a handful of local craft beers. The setup is casual bistro-style, with a comfortable eight-seat counter...
RetailJolly's - Liquor shop: Ebisu
Billing themselves as a liquor store and sound studio, Jolly's has been selling booze here in Ebisu since the 1920s. Nowadays they stock a decent selection of mostly US craft beers in cans and bottles - maybe forty in all, starting at around Y500...
craft beerTap Stand - Beer bar: Shinjuku
Creative pizzas and a good selection of US craft beers are the major draws at this very busy beer bar, along with a convenient location just a few minutes from Shinjuku station. The bar has twenty taps in all, with half devoted to well-chosen...
craft beerSakura Taps - Beer bar: Yokohama Sakuragicho
This casual after-work drinking spot dispenses a rotating selection of eight Japanese craft beers on tap, with the occasional import for variety. While there are a handful of tables, most of the crowd here seems to prefer to stand at the bar while...
craft beerBrussels Beer Project - Beer bar: Nishi-Shinjuku
Not to be confused with your typical Belgian beer bar, BBP is actually a craft-beer taproom - one of the best in Tokyo in our opinion. They serve a lineup of more than a dozen beers on tap from a small craft brewery in Belgium, including...
world beerWorld Beer Museum - Beer bar: Yokohama Minato-mirai
This massive 200-seat bar-restaurant serves more than 250 beers from 50 countries around the world - including 19 world beers on tap - along with an international food menu. Beer prices can be a bit higher than average, but they do serve a number...
- Good food with your craft beer
- Outdoor, terrace and open-air seating
- Budget beer picks and standing bars
- US craft beers and strong IPA lists
- Late-night beer bars
- Nice decor, atmosphere or concept
- Craft beer picks
- Belgian beer picks
- British, German and other international picks
- Bars run by breweries
Browse venues by location
- Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando
- Shinjuku area, Yoyogi, Yotsuya
- Ikebukuro area, Mejiro, Takadanobaba, Otsuka, Kita-ku
- Ebisu area and south: Hiroo, Naka-Meguro, Meguro, Gotanda
- Akasaka, Roppongi, Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Azabu-Juban
- Kagurazaka, Kanda, Iidabashi, Suidobashi, Jimbocho, Awajicho, Akihabara, Mitsukoshimae, Kodenmacho
- Asakusa and north: Skytree, Adachi-ku
- Tokyo station: Otemachi, Marunouchi, Kyobashi, Yaesu, Nihonbashi, Kayabacho
- Ginza, Shimbashi, Hibiya, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome
- Hamamatsucho and bayside: Mita, Shinagawa, Toyosu, Tennozu Isle, Ota-ku
- West of Shinjuku: Sobu line, Setagaya-ku and west
- Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Chiba-ken, Saitama-ken, Kofu
November 18-19 (1-7pm)
American Craft Beer Experience
Run by the Brewers Association in the US, this small festival is a good chance to sample some American craft beers that aren't yet available in Japan, as well as exploring the best of what's on the market already. There will be booths serving barbecue and other American-style food.
Takeshiba New Pier Hall. Use the front entrance (not on the waterfront) to access the venue.
Free admission, pay as you go.