craft beerWatering Hole - Beer bar: Yoyogi
One of Tokyo's pioneering craft-beer specialty bars, Watering Hole has built up a loyal following with their well-curated tap list and their convivial atmosphere. The four-glass tasting flights (Y1000; served 3-6pm on weekdays) are one of our...
craft beerShujitsu One - Cafe: Yoyogi-Uehara
With its minimalist industrial decor livened up by floral arrangements from the resident flower shop, this small craft-beer counter shares its quarters with gourmet-coffee shop Tomoca Coffee, an excellent use of the space. The coffee counter is...
craft beerNihonbashi Brewery T.S. - Beer bar: Yaesu
The second branch of the Bakurocho-based bar-brewpub serves beers from Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) in Portland, Oregon, plus guest beers, at least one cider, and one or two of their own house beers. There are thirteen taps in all, and beers come...
craft beerFesta - Beer bar: Shimo-Kitazawa
This lively neighborhood bar offers a decent selection of craft beers - both Japanese and imported - from their dozen taps. One unusual feature is that they serve a number of Belgian and other European beers in addition to the usual American and...
craft beerBeer Boy - Izakaya: Kichijoji
Beer Boy is the first craft-beer izakaya from the popular Craft Beer Market chain. The beer list is focused on "rare and extreme" craft beers, mostly from Japan but with a few US brews as well. The food menu is a mix of izakaya standards - grilled...
craft beerGreen Bashamichi - Grill: Yokohama Bashamichi
Charcoal Grill Green Bashamichi serves up a very appealing menu of grilled meats and seafood along with creative starters, California wines and a handful of local craft beers. The setup is casual bistro-style, with a comfortable eight-seat counter...
- Good food with your craft beer
- Outdoor, terrace and open-air seating
- Budget beer picks and standing bars
- US craft beers and strong IPA lists
- Late-night beer bars
- Nice decor, atmosphere or concept
- Craft beer picks
- Belgian beer picks
- German beers
- British, European and other international picks
- Bars run by breweries
Browse venues by location
- Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando
- Shinjuku area, Yoyogi, Yotsuya
- Ikebukuro area, Mejiro, Takadanobaba, Otsuka, Kita-ku
- Ebisu area and south: Hiroo, Naka-Meguro, Meguro, Gotanda
- Akasaka, Roppongi, Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Azabu-Juban
- Kagurazaka, Kanda, Iidabashi, Suidobashi, Jimbocho, Hongo, Awajicho, Akihabara, Mitsukoshimae, Kodenmacho
- Asakusa and north: Ueno, Skytree, Adachi-ku
- Tokyo station: Otemachi, Marunouchi, Kyobashi, Yaesu, Nihonbashi, Kayabacho
- Ginza, Shimbashi, Hibiya, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome
- Hamamatsucho and bayside: Mita, Shinagawa, Toyosu, Tennozu Isle, Ota-ku
- West of Shinjuku: Sobu line, Setagaya-ku and west
- Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Chiba-ken, Saitama-ken, Kofu
May 23-27 (Wed 4-9pm; Thu-Sat 11am-9pm; Sun 11am-8pm)
Keiyaki Beer Festival Spring 2017
This major beer festival generally features well over fifty breweries and plenty of food stalls, and attracts huge crowds. It's one of the best festivals in the Tokyo area, and is highly recommended.
Price: Free admission, pay as you go
BeerFes Tokyo 2018
One of Japan's longest-running craft-beer festivals, BeerFes gives you the chance to try over 100 kinds of beer for a single admission price.
Yebisu Garden Place - The Garden Hall
Ticket price TBA